About Sisters’ Journey Mother Daughter Brunch
Parents are the foundation of the educational learning process for their children. The child then has the extension of the village, which our experiences teach us what it takes to raise children wholesomely. Sisters’ Journey aim and goal is to foster this proverbial statement as it advocates, while educating, and communicating healthy life styles to build a healthy generation. Our goal is to Empower African American Women to improve and invest Healthy Outcomes. We believe that by Promoting Wellness Checks and being proactive about Breast Care and starting the conversation earlier with young women, lives can be saved.
“Creating Health Advocates One Generation At A Time”
We are committed to continue the conversation with young women about wellness checks and to:
“Be an Advocates of Your Own Body”
During the Mother Daughter Brunch there will be 4 scholarships awards given. These scholarships will be honoring:
Scholarship Rules of Eligibility
- All applicants must meet eligibility Requirements.
- You can not be a past recipient of Sisters’ Journey scholarship award.
- You can not apply for duplicate awards that are listed below.
- You must be a Connecticut Resident All Entries Must be submitted (TBA for 2023)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and will not be returned.
- Awardee must attend Sisters’ Journeys Mother Daughter Brunch in May of 2023 (Date TBA).
Scholarship #1: High School Students Scholarship
Scholarship #2: College – Medical Oncology
Sisters’ Journey welcomes you to pass on to any other interested parties you may know of.
Thanking you in advance,
Barbara J. Nelson, V.P.
Sisters’ Journey Scholarship Committee, Chairperson