Welcome Friends of Sisters’ Journey!
Thank you for your ongoing and unwavering support for the endeavors of Sisters’ Journey over these past 11 years. We have just experienced one of our busiest and most fulfilling years ever.
Our Survivors have been out visiting and sharing their stories and still hosting their monthly support group meetings. We have been out training and learning to become better advocates. It is very inspiring to witness women reaching out for support and giving support to each other.
We hosted our first Mother/Daughter Brunch, which was a great success for our organization! The highlight at the brunch was the presentation of Sisters’ Journey scholarships to four young women who aspire to become doctors.
With all the work that went into these new endeavors and accomplishments, our greatest hope is that our presence in the community has succeeded in communicating strong and inspiring messages:
- Encouraging early detection by getting yearly mammograms.
- Younger women need to be proactive by doing self-breast exams.
- Practice better eating habits and include an exercise regiment in hopes of prevention.
- Find out your family health history, and share it!
- Always be hopeful and encouraged.
This is our 11th calendar of breast cancer survivors. Since its inception, the purpose has been to empower, support, inspire, educate, advocate and share to build bridges for women as we help them through their journey with breast cancer. Our Mission continues!